Viking Dusty's "Blog Classic"

A small, poignant slice of the curious pie that is Dusty's brain.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Playing Favorites

Parents always say that they don't have a favorite child. My parents said it. Just because they say it though, doesn't make it true. Take my family for instance, my sister (Kristie) and i both know that i am the favorite child in our family. In fact, she is always bringing up bitter memories of the past just to point out the fact that I am the favorite. I would like to hear from my avid readers. Were you "the favorite" or the bitter, resentful sibling, who was forced into the shadows by parents who refused to face the truth?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Bex said…

    No favorites in my family...in fact, "IT HAS TO BE FAIR!!" was a mantra my sister and I chanted constantly!!

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    I always felt my siter was the favorite.

    Draper

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was the eventual favorite. My little sister was for a while, but I came from way behind and won. I've asked my mom about it, while she won't confirm it, she won't deny it.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that bmy brother and I were far apart enough that I we were never in the same stages together, so he was the baby when I didn't want to be, I was learning to drive when he was transitioning into middle school. It's hard to see favorites when we're going through such different stuff. Although, he did have his bone tumor thing, that got him a whole lot more attention for a while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home