Viking Dusty's "Blog Classic"

A small, poignant slice of the curious pie that is Dusty's brain.

Monday, April 17, 2006

So you're tellin' me there's a chance!

Here is what you all (or at least a couple of you) have been waiting for... an update on my interview. Why did i leave everyone wallowing in the muck of suspense? You mean other than because that's what a good writer does?

The answer is simple. Though i heard whispers of rumors about the state of my plight, they were simply rumors. I would hate to publish an update on the internet saying one thing, and then in a tragic moment of poor fortune have my prospective employer stumble upon my blog and say, "what is he talking about!?!"

This chilly morning, however, i decided to investigate my chances by calling Mark. He told me that at this point in time they are looking to persue second interviews with a couple of people who have accounting experience (not me). But their is a slim ray of hope. Apparently, (and i was informed that this has happened in the past) if for some reason my competition does not pan out, whether because they are deemed inadequate or because they have withdrawn themselves from the running, then CCLI will be forced to review other possibilities (could be me).

Am i disappointed? A little. But really this is just one marble in the oatmeal of life and if God doesn't want me at CCLI (at this point anyway) then He wants me somewhere else. For now... Walgreens, but the search continues.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger thesticklergirl said…

    I am so glad I have never found a marble in my oatmeal!! That could definitely be dangerous.

    Thank you for the update.. I think it is really cool that God can/will use you at Walgreens.. if you are willing!

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...yeah, so I just realized that I think a marble is just about the only thing I haven't seen you add to your oatmeal. I grabbed some A-1 out of the fridge today, and I thought of you.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goodday,
    I wanna be honest, I must admit that this is really a good period for me. A while ago I was bankrupted, without a cent in my pocket, but nowadays I begin to recover and I got back my house, my SUV,my golden credit card, all they took, fair enough when you know about bad credit car loan . Me and my girlfriend wanna go on holiday, we really need it. We only need a good suggestion about the location. We want it hot and on a beach. Suggestion welcomed.
    Bye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home